Our vision is to be at the forefront of STEM education creating a community of scientifically literate lifelong learners who are globally competitive.We have a commitment to improve science teaching and learning for all.
Our mission is to ensure the highest level of science teaching and learning by empowering science teachers through professional development, support from highly qualified science specialists, and research-based resources that will provide all students with a high quality science education that will result in scientifically literate students achieving at globally competitive proficiency levels, who are college and/or career ready.
- Train teachers to deliver a high-quality science instruction aligned to the Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards with an emphasis on embedding the Florida Standards.
- Provide all our schools with a science curriculum that offers the latest research based instructional strategies.
- Encourage scientifically rich classroom environments.
- Promote the rigor, relevance, and integration of other disciplines in the science classrooms.
- Involve universities, informal science institutions, businesses, the community, and parents in supporting science competence throughout the District.
- We support instructional programs and teaching strategies that serve all students and accommodate diverse needs and learning styles to eliminate the achievement gap.
- Excellence in scientific teaching and learning grows from a commitment shared by administrators, teachers, students, parents, and the community at large.
- Learning is a lifelong process. Successful learners are lifelong learners.